Sunday, December 9, 2007

christmas card sweatshop...

well, at least it felt like a sweatshop!
today i made our family's christmas cards to mail out in the next day or two...i decided i wanted to dry emboss on vellum paper using a brass stencil...
what an idiot!
i have permanent cramps in my wrist now from doing the embossing!!!
( suck it up, i know...)
i don't think most people realize just how long it takes to make about 35 cards from scratch with all the measuring and cutting and gluing....and then for those of us who are total suckers like me and feel you need to buy that cute christmas stationary to type out your family's christmas update letters on...there's another hour typing and printing out your letters on top of the cards...oh, but then you must have everyone in the family sign it themselves for that personal touch since you typed the letter and did not write it out...
oh, and don't forget the time to pick out and print off that photo of the kids that must go out too!
AND LET'S NOT EVEN GET ON THE TOPIC OF $$$ FOR POSTAGE!!!
BUT...
even though i just spent the last 5 hours making cards, typing letters, addressing envelopes and signing my name, picking pictures and more than likely sound like a BIG, HUGE SCROOGE,
i love how they turn out in the end and how happy i feel walking into the post office to drop them all off to find their way to my family!
anyway...ta-daa!
did you MAKE your christmas cards this year????



:O)

7 comments:

Dana L Gordon said...

Those are absolutely gorgeous. Can you show me how to do that one night? I did make my Christmas cards this year, I also did a letter and photos, not getting family to sign letter though.

Anonymous said...

These cards are great Kim! How impressive! I made mine too but they're not ready yet!

Have a good day!

Tara

Anonymous said...

PS:
We need to have a class on this fabulous technique...

Anonymous said...

Kim
Your cards look great... I went the opposite way this year and got a family photo greeting cards made. I just have no time for card this year.
Michele

Anonymous said...

I love your cards!!

Totaly agree with Tara this technique needs to be shown to us all in a class.

Anita

Anonymous said...

I agree tooooo. Definately a class on this technique is called for.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful!